Tuesday, August 21, 2012

How long does it usually take to get through the first step (arraignment) in Los Angeles traffic court

How long does it usually take to get through the first step (arraignment) in Los Angeles traffic court?
I have court tomorrow at 1:30 in a LA traffic court. I need to book either a flight or a bus to get back to the Bay Area. I'm just trying to figure out how long the arraignment process takes. I know in San Jose it takes about two hours since my last name begins with S. Experience answers only please!
Los Angeles - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Just a couple hours. The courts close a 5:00 pm, You'll enter a plea, and have a trial date set. Then you'll have to fly back to L.A. for your trial. It just seems to me that it would be MUCH cheaper to just request Traffic School (if you qualify), than to pay for 2 round trip flights,and loose 2 days pay over a traffic citation.

Search News