Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Can I abandon a connecting flight on a round trip ticket

Can I abandon a connecting flight on a round trip ticket?
I am planning to book a flight from San Jose, CA to Austin, TX. But I dont want to take a direct flight to Austin as they are early morning flights and the ones I am interested in have a layover of one hour in Dallas, TX. So basically the flight is SJC - DFW - AUS. I wish to meet someone in Dallas and was wondering if I can abandon my last connecting flight from DFW - AUS? However, I will drive from Dallas, Tx to Austin, TX and will take the flight AUS - DFW - SJC as per the ticket. So my question is..will my abandoning the last leg (DFW - AUS) affect my ticket when I am flying back? Will the airlines trouble me? Note: No check-in baggage & Flying American Airlines
Air Travel - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Can't do it. As soon as you miss the DFW-AUS leg, the rest of your ticket is cancelled and voided including the returne portion and you cannot reschedule.
2 :
its not a good idea you could end up on the no fly list because you didn't take your flight and that strange... they might think why did he miss this flight maybe you left a bomb on board? otherwise why would you miss this flight? you could also cause security alert as the airline might think you are lost in the airport.. and of course you return flight reservations will be canceled...and you wont be able to fly anymore because you cause a security alert....... you sure you want to risk it?

Search News